Monday, January 7, 2008

What can I do in Vegas that is unique, unusual, different?|198592

I_m going to Vegas this summer and I want to do different things that I haven_t seen or done already. I_ve seen the shows, eaten at the resturants, the typical Vegas things. I_m looking for ideas that you wouldn_t normally find in a guide book. Unique places of interest that the locals would know about. Thanks!

  • In the summertime, Vegas locals don_t leave the house.

    If you want to do something interesting...

    1) Drive to the stateline (CA) and ride the HUGE roller coaster.
    2) Eat a midnight dinner at Paymon_s Mediterranean Grill on Maryland Parkway- only the Hookah Lounge is open at that hour. Smoke a bowl of strawberry tobacco.
    3) Rent a ferrari. Why not?
    4) Enjoy a deep fried twinkie down on freemont street. They are surprisingly good.
    5) Learn to play Pai Gow Tiles (that_s the game played with dominoes). It_s a very fun gambling experience that most locals would never even try.
    6) Go to a dealer school, and pay them around $300 to learn to deal 21. You can learn this in a couple of days. At the end of your trip, go downtown to the El Cortez or the Golden Gate and tell the Shift Manager that you_ve just moved into town, and you_re looking for an audition. Wear black pants and a white dress shirt. Auditions are performed on live 21 games. How many people have DEALT on their Vegas Vacations?
    7)Go to the new trampoline recreation center. I don_t know the name of it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

  • Something I_ve never done is Vegas is WIN, so if I could do that, that would certainly be unique! Seriously, take a day trip to Red Rock State Park. Great hikes and beautiful scenary. My wife and I spent the day there and we will go again.

  • Try the ride at the Luxor Hotel - In Search of the Obelisk.

  • Go to Red Rock Canyon. Its about 20 miles West of Las Vegas out Charleston Blvd (you can pick up that street at the north end of the Strip) Its a scenic drive-through park. Go early, not in the heat of the day; there_s no shade. You can also book bicycle rides through he park;soory don_t have a URL for that.

    Drive about 30 miles southeast of Vegas and go to Hoover Dam; the National Park Service offers tours (@ $15.) there and its interesting stuff.

    Drive about 50 miles north of Vegas and go to Valley of Fire State Park; it has scenic stuff also.

    Drive about 3 hour north on I-15 and go to Zion National Park.

    Be sure to go down to Freement Street

  • go swimming in the Bellagio fountans.

  • go 4 wheeling in red rock.i_m not a local though,sorry.

  • Visit the Clark County Museum in Henderson and The Dam.

  • Drive a stock car at the motor speedway

  • Jump in a taxi, ask where there is a good tattoo parlor, and get some ink. I did it a couple years back, it was fun, and I don_t have any regrets. :)
    Or take a peek at the site below. It_s pretty cool.
    Have fun, I just went two weeks ago. I don_t plan it anymore, I just go and see what happens.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS