Saturday, November 13, 2010

What would you want an Amphitheater and Campground to be like for your best enjoyment for camping and music?|149582

Would you want seating or just a grass field for music? Would you want part of the Amphitheater to be covered? What ammenities would you like the campground to have? How far would you be willing to travel for camping and music? How long would you stay? What campgrounds do you really like and where are they? What amphitheaters do you really like and where are they? How cold is too cold for you to camp? How much would you be willing to pay for camping? How much would you be willing to pay for Music? Anything else you can think of?

  • I live in Colorado and I haven_t travelled to much but I can recommend some things around here. Red Rocks amphitheater is located about 35 minutes from Denver and it is beautiful. You can type in the name and see it. It is carved from red sandstone and has an unbelievable view. At night, they light fires on the stage. It is a great place for music, the prices can be steep though. It is not a huge ampitheater so allmost all the seats are really good. Another local outdoor place for music is Fiddlers Green. It is the standard sit in a field of grass venue. I prefer Red Rocks. You have to plan ahead because the tix go fast and scalpers charge a fortune.
    I camp locally of course, I have a lot of places I like. I prefer to camp pretty rustic. That is, I take along everything I need for a few days. I camp in free open places so it isn_t expensive. No services at the campgrounds of course. But, if I am lucky, nobody around either. There are some nice places that aren_t far from Denver and easy to get to. Unless you have a sturdy vehicle with 4-wheel, I don_t recommend some areas. I have torn up my car trying to get to these rugged areas and it isn_t worth it.
    So, I can only recommend places around Colorado, I would be happy to give some details. It is nice to get tips from a local. The weather is just about perfect for camping from now into September. Weekends, it can get crowded so I try to go around Mondays, or Tuesdays. It is nice to camp for about 2 nights and get a cheap room with a hot shower the third. Around October the weather cools off and it can be snowing in the mountains by then. I don_t camp when it is snowing, besides the cold, it is slippery to drive in and some roads get closed. Hope I helped. You can click on my name if you have any questions. I would recommend a vacation in Colorado sometime, just be sure to bring a car and plan on being around at least a week or so. There are lots of music festivals to go to. I think Vail, Aspen and Breckenridge have some things going. It is funny, most people only go to these towns for skiing, they are great to visit in the Summer. The rooms can be a lot cheaper also.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS