Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is the best tent campground at Glacier National Park?|187977

I note that there are two campground at Glacier National Park - Fish Creek and St. Mary. It appears that Fish Creek is on the water. I am looking for the best tent campground and the best site at that campground. I am not really interested in being in a campground with a bunch of Motorhomes. Would prefer a more secluded type of place. Unable to do back country due to the fact that it is going to be just me and my young daughter.

  • Fish Creek is a beautiful site!

  • Since the only way to get to Glacier Bay National Park is by ferry, there will not be any motor homes (or cars if I remember correctly).
    I would suggest staying at the Bartlett Cove campground right near the visitors center and the lodge.
    Not to freak you out, but I personally wouldn_t be brave enough to camp there, we saw too many bears when we were there. We stayed in the lodge.
    It is BEAUTIFUL there, enjoy your visit!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS