Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How to deal with moving to a new state?|162455

I_m 14 years old and I_ve always lived in the Northeast. My family has been planning for a long time to move to Florida (at the time it wasn_t something we really took seriously) but my dad got a job there so he_ll be moving in the spring and the rest of us will go after my school year is over. I_m really excited and at the same time I_m extremely sad to be leaving all my lifelong friends. I_m looking for some advice about new school, etc, and maybe some personal experiences?

  • i_m 15 but i was only 14 when i moved from california to idaho. i had lived in california my whole life and was dealing with my parents getting a divorce because my dad was having an affair. i was so scared to start a whole new school and to make new friends on top of all the stuff i was dealing with. my secret was i joined volleyball. practices were a week before school started, so i made a lot friends there and then met more people from them, eventually i found the right people i wanted to hang out with. but if your not a sports person you should just be confident that you will be okay the first day because you will be. it does take a little time to find the right friends you want to hang out with but just don_t try to offend people and be friendly and it will all work out. its hard leaving your friends but its like the old saying make new friends keep the old one is silver and the others gold. hah sounds lame but its very true.

  • I was born in Alaska and lived there until the Night before my Fourteenth Birthday. I am almost Fifteen Now. I moved to Missouri and hate Everything Except the Weather. My Town Hates Newcomers and I hate that fact that they do. I made some Friends but not very many, just one Family. You just have to be Confident and Brave and meet new people, throw yourself out there, and be Friendly. You_ll make Friends eventually, if you don_t want to go to a New School, Homeschool that_s what I do.

  • I don_t quite understand how your family want to move to this crappy state of Florida full of bugs and all flat with no mountains but sand everywhere you go.this is the Deep South,the ugliest part of the USA full of poverty and uneducated folks that look dirty in appearance and use foul English.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS