Thursday, September 9, 2010

Traveling to Northern California, where should I stay for day trips to Napa and San Francisco?|130893

Looking for something no frills and affordable like a Marriott that can be outside of downtown that is within driving distance to both Napa and San Francisco. Anyone have any nice ones?

  • Why not just stay in Napa? It would be sort of a mid-point. The drive to SF is somewhere around 57 miles, and a trip all the way upvalley is about 30-something. There_s a Marriott here in Napa, as well as a couple Best Westerns, and an Embassy Suites, to name just a few. I stayed at the Redwood Inn I think, when I first moved here to wait for the moving van. It was your basic standard hotel room, but not cruddy or anything. That was about $80 a night.

    One of the Best Westerns is smaller and located in a converted large brick house that looks like a B_B. It_s on 2nd and California Blvd which is a great starting point for either heading to the city or heading upvalley.

    Let me know if you need more hotel advice, I can also tell you which ones to NOT go to! :)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS