Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where are safe areas to live for military famlies in hawaii?|193440

Id be working in Western Central part of Oahu. I would like to find an apartment in a nice very safe area and preferably closely located to a commissary so I can do our shopping. I_ve stayed on the west side of the island and its loaded with hobos and shanty towns ewww.
.

  • Kapolei, Waialua, Salt Lake, and Moanalua are very safe for military families. Kaneohe and Kailua are safe too, but they are located on East Oahu.

    Out of those, Salt Lake and Moanalua are the best areas for military families because it is close to a commissary.

  • I advise you not say that around locals from the west side because I have family there and just because you_ve seen hobo_s and ghetto houses doesn_t mean everyone lives like that, good people come from the west side; its very ignorant for you to insult where i come from.
    I would say Mililani is the best place to live, there are lots of nice town houses, single family homes, definitely an upgrade from the west side and mililani is not very far from Scholfield and Wheeler army airfield.

  • For pearl Harbor area, Pearlridge/Aiea area, see realestate office Bill Ramsey on 6th floor of bank of Hawaii building on Poli Momi st. across from pearlridge shopping center for a free updated list of appartments for rent. I like the highrises on Koauka loop close to pearlridge.

    For middle Island area, Mililani is nice. I lived in both areas.

  • We are a military family living in Hawaii. We bought a house in Kapolei and LOVE it! Beautiful views, nice people.

    But we don_t live close to a commissary. There is a tiny one in Barbers Point, but nothing to brag about.

    If living next to a commissary is really important to you, I suggest you live on base/post.

  • I would look in the Mililani area - it will be close to the base that is near Wahiawa (I can_t remember the name of the base right now!)

  • Oh, gee I am so sorry you had to deal with poor people. Ever thought of helping instead of judging? Just might get you farther while you are living here.

  • I just move here too any info you find out be nice if you pass it along thanks

  • what about living on base?
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS