Sunday, June 20, 2010

What is the general political stance in Brookings, Oregon?|106685

So here_s the deal, my wife and I are both self proclaimed hippies and we_re thinking of moving to Brookings. Oregon is known for it_s liberalism and welcome attitude towards hippies, but sadly that is usually only the case in the bigger cities like Portland and Eugene and some small, unincorporated towns scattered across the state. So what we would like to know is what the general attitude towards people like us is in Brookings. Is it more conservative or liberal? Any insight would be appreciated.

  • Well, I grew up in Brookings... Its a beautiful town and I am happy I grew up there, though I don_t want to move back at this time.
    You will find both ends of the spectrum in Brookings both conservatives and librals, though I think you will see you would be welcome. As you may be already aware, Brookings has a large population of elderly and retired. They like Brookings because of its mild climate. I believe it is accurate to say much of the conservatism would be with the elderly, though I don_t think they would outright protest or even comment on you considering moving to their town.
    Have you been to visit Brookings or did you just read about it on the internet? Keep in mind that like everywhere else in the nation, Brookings has been hit by the economy. Then again, they say that will pick up again by the end of the year.
    I hope this helps a bit.
    If you haven_t visited, I recommend you go there. People will be people, but Brookings is a decent town.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS