Sunday, June 13, 2010

What good middle schools would you suggest in new york?|138198

pleaaasee help me

thanks!! =) and pls tell me if the school you mentioned is public or private.

i was a in a private school..till 7th grade..now im planning on shifting im going to 8th...and also is it bad to be in a public school ?? like ..low class or soemthing?

sorry if i offend anyone
not my intention

  • There are MANY great public middle schools in this city. I_m familiar with east-northeast Queens, which has a bunch of very good ones. There are good ones in other parts of the city, too, but I_m not familiar with them, and therefore have no suggestions. I went to a public one, and have graduated at the top of every class I_ve been in since then, including a public high school and a private university (there are some top-notch good public colleges here as well, but that_s the one that had my field of study and paid me to go there).

    Forget about this idea of being _low class_ if you go to a public middle school, I had a great time in mine. That said, there are sadly many parts of this city with sub-par schools, so be careful of where you pick.

  • But again, I reiterate - not all public schools are good. There are some pretty bad ones. However, there are also many over-rated private schools that don_t live up to their _reputations._ Do some research.





  • Keep in mind, the private schools want your money, so they_ll feed you the line that public schools are automatically bad and dangerous. Get some _second opinions_ on that.





  • And I still stand by my answer, despite the thumbs-down. This is speaking from my experience.





  • I really can_t think of any good middle schools, I_d say stick to a private school.

    I went to Hunter College HS, which has a middle school in it.

    I_d say they_re pretty selective, so see if you qualify for the exam, you need to have certain scores to be allowed to take it.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS