Thursday, June 10, 2010

What cb radio channels are used in houston texas?|155266

I just got a new cb radio in my truck and i live in houston. i travel on 610 and 59 and 288 on the daily. i was wondering if there were any specific channels used in this are.

  • People use CB? Really? Still?

    I owned one in 1979. Looked a little ridiculous with that huge antenna on the trunk of my _69 Mercury Marquis. It broke off in the Galleria parking garage and replacing it once was enough. That was the old quarter wave antenna back when 4 watts was maximum power transmission.

    Channel 9 was for emergencies
    Channel 19 replaced channel 10 as the highway (trucker) channel.

    If you do still hear chatter, it_ll probably be on 19. I_m sure some folks (mainly truckers) still use them.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS