Saturday, June 12, 2010

How do I dress for a 56F to 31F Chicago weather?|159202

I have lived in California most of my life and I_ll be going to Chicago.

  • ok I live in Phoenix, AZ and frequently travel to Chicago b/c my bf_s family lives there (about 30 mins east of Chicago)

    jeans are a given.

    sweatshirts, long-sleeved layering shirts (these work good for if you get hot-I did a few times during the day and we were there in November), a heavy winter jacket (and a light windbreaker for the warmer days), gloves,scarf,hat.

    for night-I wore flannel pajamas and slipper socks.

    bring along winter boots (for snow) just in case. I brought those along with my good tennis shoes and winter dress boots.

    the cold isn_t so bad-it_s the WIND combined with the cold-lol. I could not believe how windy it was!! the cold I could actually handle pretty well and i_m used to temps being 95-110!!

    just make sure to have the gloves,hat,scarf and jacket and you should be fine. I_d go w/out the long underwear-they are uncomfortable and you_ll probably get too hot and itchy.

    have fun on your trip!!!

  • A sweatshirt (or a sweater) and a fleece. If it is going to be windy a sweatshirt (or sweater), a winter coat, and a hat. Bring with gloves just in case.

    I_d suggest taking the layers off when if you are going to be inside for a while (10 minutes or longer). This means jacket and sweater/ sweatshirt off. You won_t over heat inside and you_ll be warmer when you go outside.

    I know what I am talking about. I have lived most of my live in Chicago and a few years in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which makes Chicago seem warm during the winter, where I would go on hikes for hours when there were double digit below zero wind chills.

  • Dress likes its going to be 15F. The windchill can take the actual temp down a few degrees. Winter Jacket with lining, hat, gloves,
    gor-tex boots. Smart Wool socks.

    If you are going to be outside for awhile bring your long underware as well.

    Hope you have fun up here!

  • Layers. You can always peel off or add too as temperature and wind changes.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS