Thursday, May 20, 2010

What are some of the safest neighborhoods/areas in New Orleans?|190828

I_m going to be living in New Orleans over this summer and I_m looking for housing. What areas are safest and should consider moving to?

  • there is no really safest area cause all of them have there good and bad parts, uptown has great areas but bad ones too, same with downtown, mid city, the east. it all depends on what u will be doing this summer.

  • haha forget it honey bunny. Move to the north shore. Property is less expensive, generally nice, safer..and the commute...well, everyone commutes now a days.

    welcome!

  • New Orleans is very patchy, with a mix of good and bad all over town. However, the areas close to downtown (the Quarter, Esplanade, the warehouse district, etc.) are mostly safe. So is the university district in Uptown. In the areas of the city that are still recovering from the flood, things are VERY mixed. You_ll want to ask people who are already there for specific information. The close-in suburbs are also a mix but are generally safer than the city proper. One generally safe suburb that_s not too far away is Slidell, just across the I-10 twin spans on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain.

  • HAHAHAHAHAHAH dont think theres such a thing

  • UpT!!St.Charles Ave,in that area!The problem isn_t as much safety as money,everywhere you go will be crime!But uptown,and kenner are very nice places.There are subarbs in kenner.These two places are close to EVERYTHING!

  • I lived in New Orleans and my street Audubon St. had a low crime rating, but then again 3 police officers lived at various ends of my block and at my house. Metairie is probably one of the safest areas to live, try the suburbs along Veterans Blvd. high area with little flooding. Mandeville and Covington are also good bets, but a lot of people have just moved out there and the trip from Mandeville to New Orleans for work in the morning is worse than the traditional _rush hour._ At 24 miles long the Causeway Bridge takes forever and you would have to leave at around 5 am, and don_t expect to get home in time for 5 pm if you leave at a little after 3 pm. I don_t know exactly what you are looking for and your job situation, so email me with some details and I_ll see if I can help you out some more.

  • well have a good the safest is a cross the lake in mandeville..

  • There are plenty of safe neighborhoods in New Orleans. A lot depends on what you are looking for (urban, suburbs, rural, house, condo, apartment, what?) and how much you want to pay.

    Do some research via real estate agencies (you can find them via the internet). I will be happy to provide objective opinions on potential areas - so write to me after you narrow your search. I don_t work in real estate or travel/tourism, so won_t try to sell anything to you.

  • Metairie is NOT the westbank and I live here and it is a safe neighborhood. It all varies however, you have to look at house before you move in. We live in a super nice neighborhood but two roads down they sell crack and all the non-sense. Everywhere here is like that. I guess if you don_t want that then you need to move acroos the lake to slidell, mandiville or even covington!
    I saw someone said northshore is less expensive...look hard is all I have to say. Commute?...24 mile bridge. Yuck!

  • mostly on the west bank: metarie, marreo etc.

  • The uptown/Carrollton neighborhood close to Tulane _ Loyola is a generally safe neighborhood and wasn_t hit too hard. Midcity around City Park is safe, although it is still rebuilding from the hurricane.

  • The safest areas would definately be the suburbs, Slidell, Covington, Metairie, West Bank, etc. But If you want to live in the city, you have to look a little harder. Try a nice area Uptown, that is where I would want to live if I wasn_t from here.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS