Sunday, April 18, 2010

How do I find a place to live in NYC several months in advance?|181146

I_m a soon-to-be college graduate looking to relocate to NYC in summer 2009. I wish I could have an idea now where I will be living and what I would be paying in rent, but of course apartments aren_t typically available that far in advance. Advice on how to plan/ how to deal with this uncertainty?

  • Just because you can_t sign a lease several months out, that doesn_t mean you can_t look at apartment listings in places like Craigslist and get a sense of what neighborhoods you prefer, how much you_ll have to spend / how much space you_ll get in your price range, etc.

  • My friend, may I recommend the links below.


    http://www.findingdulcinea.com/guides.ht��
    (Apartment listing)


    http://www.findingdulcinea.com/guides/Tr��
    (New York Survival Guide)

    Good luck

  • at this point you can pinpoint a neighborhood and get an idea of average rents for that neighborhood...but you cant actually secure an apt this far in advance...
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS