Sunday, February 14, 2010

How are new yorkers different from californians?|171666

I_ve a couple people say that california and New york are _ polar opposites._ in what ways?

  • Well this question is pretty open, cause even Californians are complete opposites. The same holds true for New Yorkers. People from Southern CA and Northern CA are much different sorta like people in the NYC/ Long Island area are different from the Buffalo/Niagara region.

    However comparing the two states as a whole there are the differences. I lived in NY for 26 years before moving to CA and the first thing I noticed is people from NY have a much better work ethic. Overall they are harder workers. I have noticed a lot of CA people have the mentallity of it can be done tomorrow.

    Driving in CA has driven me crazy. People here love to drive slow in the fast lanes. I don_t know how many times I have been on the highway and had someone going slow in the passing lanes, and yet refuse to get out of the way of the people behind them. In NY you_ld get run off the road if you did that.

    Eat habits in CA are much healthier than in NY. While its not a bad thing it can sometimes get annoying especially when people are trying to be _healthy_ yet are getting their Starbucks every morning. In NY it is accepted that the Chicken wings are deep fried, the pizza is cooked with a thicker crust automatically, and any weight gained in the winter can be lost in the summer.

    Also the make-up of the population in CA is much different then in NY. CA has a much bigger mix of races who live mixed together. In NY the population in largely white and black and is segeregated. Hispanics and asians have a much smaller percentage in NY. If you go to many cities in NY there is the white areas and the black areas of the cities. I don_t want to sound mean, but it is true. With this being said I think and have noticed people in CA have a much better tolerance of people of different races and they interact with them more often. In fact when I lived in NY I could go a few days without seeing someone of another race, because of how separated they are.

  • Newyorkers are in East coast but Californians are in West coast.That is it! Did you forget that we are in the age of Globalization. all we are from one GOD too.

  • I am originally from the NY area but I live on the West Coast and I can tell you that New Yorkers have nothing on Southern Californians when it comes to being rude. They are terrible drivers and are very inconsiderit. I know I am gerneralizing but these are my observations having spent the last 10 years of my life living among Californians. I have found that they aren_t friendly and even though both places are considered liberal places but the californians want to impose their _california_ way of life on everybody. Sorry if I offended anybody but that is how I see it. Oh and the food on the East Coast absolutely destroy_s the food on the West Coast; who the hell puts goat cheese and terriyaki chicken on a pizza?

  • New York is a place to live and work .
    people are rushing to and from work.
    walking alone after sunset isnt wise.
    there are museums and parks, etc but no great fun places as in Los Angeles or San Fransisco where there are tourists going to spend their vacations in fun, ie, Disney, Vence beach, Golden Gate Bridge , the pier, the crookedest street that twists like a zigzag, eyc.
    the fine weather and the fun in California reflect on the people. they sing the words, smile to strangers, swing while they walk, etc.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS