Saturday, November 28, 2009

What is the best way to apply for jobs across country.?|186178

I live in Washington state, and I am moving to Buffalo, NY. I am not very old so I dont have a spectacular resume or anything but I am a good worker and I do have many skills. I have tried to apply for some jobs over there but no one will even respond! I want to have a job lined up before I go.

  • Apply on-line. Most if not all corporations have a website and they will have careers listed on-line and guidelines for applying on-line. Include in your cover letter that you are relocating to that area so they know you will be in the area, many companies don_t like to hire people who are not local except for very high end jobs, then often they are hiring them away form a competitor and paying for them to relocate. Most lower level jobs don_t pay you to relocate so companies will shy away from out of town applicants. It might get easier once you have a local address also, then you can put it on your resume and use your current out of town address for a mailing address.

  • www.monster.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS