Friday, October 2, 2009

What area of Chicago is best for a 23 year old girl recent college grad?|140545

I am thinking about moving from Pittsburgh to Chicago for a job but know NOTHING about the city. What areas are safe and nice but still close to the city? I will be making around 100 k.

  • Chicago is a wonderful place to live. There are a wide variety of neighborhoods and types of living, so there is no single best place for a recent college grad.

    I personally like the following areas of the city: River North, Goldcoast, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and University Village. When I was just out of college, I really liked the area around Armitage and Sheffield on the north side. Chicago has great public transportation, so some people prefer to live in surrounding suburbs, for example, the Evanston Davis St. stop is a short L ride to the downtown. I_ve also got a buddy who lives over by UIC. That area has lots of new condos and old warehouses that have been converted to lofts and apartments.

    All the areas I mentioned are good neighborhoods, generally safe, and have lots of young people in your income range. I_d recommend taking the red line L north from the loop and get off at various stops and see which neighborhoods suit you. Some areas of the near west side are also very safe and nice.

    Best of luck! I_m sure you_ll have a fantastic time working in Chicago!

  • Wicker Park is nice. Chicago has many trendy neighborhoods. Northwestern Chicago along Lake Michigan has many nice suburbs as well.

  • wrigleyville. great appartments. great people. great atmosphere. great restaurants and bars.if you like baseball you are near wrigley field.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS