Sunday, June 21, 2009

What are some things to check out along the Northern California coast?|160566

My friend and I are going on a weekend trip to Eureka, CA (we live in Sacramento) next weekend. I definitely want to check out the redwoods, obviously. What are some things I want to make sure not to miss while I_m up there?

Thanks.

  • If you went up I-5 to Mt. Shasta City, you could check out Mt. Shasta before taking the beautiful drive from there out to Eureka at the coast. Castle Crags State Park is before Shasta at Dunsmuir, a beautiful place to stroll in, intersected by the Pacific Crest Trail. Across I-5 from the park is the Sacramento River, perfect for dropping in an inflatable raft and paddles, even if you don_t know what you_re doing, for a bit of whitewater fun. Trinity/Claire Engle Lake is on the way out towards the coast. All that region, the Marble Mountains, Scott River, the Trinity Wilderness, is awesome. I love it up there.

  • Pot growers thrive in Northern California

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28354324
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS