Monday, April 27, 2009

What to do in Minneapolis, Minnesota -- and the surrounding area?|194382

My husband and our kids (boys ages 4 and 7) are considering a trip to Minnesota this summer. We have family in Pine City (about an hour north of Minneapolis) that we would be seeing. Any ideas for outdoor and indoor attractions? We usually are tent campers, but since we_ll be flying to MN, I think we_ll look into renting a cabin. Thanks for the suggestions!

  • Bandana Square, and the Minnesota Model Train Museum tcmrm.org in St. Paul
    Como Park Zoo and Conservatory... free zoo!!
    Mall of America...or the Park @ MOA the indoor amusement park in the mall.
    Science museum
    Children_s Museum

  • Fishing is a great one in Minnesota so I_d suggest bringing a fishing rod! As for Minneapolis, thats a big city so not alot of cabins there although near there is the Mall Of America (MOA) and its the biggest mall in america. They have a indoor water park and plenty of shopping places, I do go there often since I live in Minnesota and I enjoy it. Vallyfair is a amusement park thats really fun here also.

  • I live in Minneapolis. In terms of indoor attractions I recommend the Walker Art Center and Sculpture Garden, the American Swedish Institute,the Science Museum of MN in St. Paul, and of course, the Mall of America in Bloomington. I_m sure your kids will like the indoor amusement park at the mall, but it_s not Knotts Camp Snoopy anymore. I think it now has the boring moniker of the Park at Mall of America.

    In terms of outdoor recreation are, of course, thousands of lakes. We also have the Mississippi and St Croix Rivers. Scenic attractions I recommend are Taylors Falls on the St croix, which is about an hour northeast of St Paul; Itasca State Park in north- central MN where the Mississippi has its source; and the drive along Lake Superior between Duluth and Canada-beautiful.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS