Thursday, December 4, 2008

What is the easiest and cheapest connection between New Rochelle and Manhattan?|109048

I am visiting Manhattan, NY for the first time but would also need to visit a friend in New Rochelle also in NY. Is there any cheaper means of commuting between these two cities? I would appreciate very much if any of you folks could help me in this adventure, what train or bus to pick from Manhattan to New Rochelle Metro bus station North Ave. area?

Thanks for your help.

  • I believe Metro North will take you right from Grand Central on 42st. to North Av. station in New Rochelle. Look up Metro North schedule just to make sure.

  • My friend, take the Metro-North_s New Haven Line from Grand Central Terminal to New Rochelle. The trip from GCT to New Rochelle take about 40 minutes and a round off peak ticket on Metro-North will cost you $12.

    New Rochelle is also a stop on Amtrak_s Northeast Regional service from Penn Station. The fare, however, is more expensive than Metro-North ($48 to $60 round trip) and not to many train stop there. So I would advice taking Metro-North instead.

    I hope this information is very helpful.

    Good luck
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS