Saturday, December 27, 2008

How often does it snow in Louisiana?|123708

I have a project to do about Louisiana and i dont know if it snows or how often??Please tell me now!

  • Katie W has the best answer, and it DOES depend on where in LA you mean because northern LA has much colder winters than southern LA.

    Also define what you mean by _snow_. Snow falls from the sky every few years in New Orleans (last in 2004) but does not _stick_ on the ground. The last time there was visible snow on the ground in New Orleans was 1989, and before that was 1973. Not sure about before then, but had to be before the winter of 1967/68.

    I recommend you choose to research the weather for New Orleans (in the south) and Shreveport (in the north) since - say - 1968 (50 years). You already have the info on NOLA so make contact with a TV station in Shreveport to find out about their snow experiences

  • ahhhh never lived in baton rouge for 12 yrs. never snowed shreveport it has though





  • I know this is from 8 months ago. However I wanted to comment that I totally remember the snow in 1973. I was 6 years old. Thanks for putting that info on here. I_ve told people about this before but no one has ever believed me when I said it has snowed in southern Louisiana.





  • Rarely. It does depend a bit on where in the state you are; chances are a bit better for snow if you_re in the northern part of the state. The last time it snowed and stuck (visible snow on the ground) in he southern part, on the coast, that I know of, was 1989... only a very thin layer of snow, just enough for a block to get together and scrape all their yards up into one small snowman. Most of the Gulf Coast shut down for the day it lasted, nobody was used to driving in snow, and not many sand/salt trucks to help with traction.

  • Not often at all

  • Once in a blue moon.

  • I lived in New Orleans for 19 years and it snowed twice. Northern Louisiana might get a little more snow. Check www.weather.com to see if they have statistics.

  • depends
    these days nobody knows because of global warning

  • eep, my moomma was born their... but I guess u dont give a care.
    I dunno research it! ;)


    http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt��


    sorry I have assignments of my own. ;)

  • Hardly ever

  • seldom

  • I would imagine every winter, considering the northernmost part is in around that temperate zone.

    Whoever gave me that thumbs down is an ignoramus and they have no idea what they_re talking about.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS