Friday, November 28, 2008

Where is the best place in Alaska to vacation?|130483

I would like to know where might be a good place to stay for about a week, and why it would be nice. What there is do do.

  • Any place is great! Bring a camera and journal and make wonderful memories. Go to the Visitor_s Center and get booklets of places where you are not going. That way you can at least read about them. Welcome to Alaska!

  • Having lived in Alaska myself for about 7 years, the only place I can recomend personally is my favorite place to visit, Homer, AK.

    It doesn_t get nearly as cold being in the southern part of the state, though a light to medium jacket is a good idea if you go beach combing ....

    My husband and I stayed in a neat little place (don_t remember the name!) ... it was a winery/cabin rental place. They had really cute little themed cabins, a hot tub, and wine tasting (if you are of age of course ... I was still breastfeeding my oldest so I missed out!) ...

    You can go out on what is called the _Homer Spit_ and go beach combing for different types of driftwood and some little clam shells and stuff ... plus there are some neat little gift shops and restaraunts out there ...

    In town there is a restaraunt (forgive me but I forgot the name of this too!) that makes these gigantic pizzas ... and lots of other nifty foods ... I think it was like a mixed ethnic type thing ... you know, italian, greek, american, etc.

    I Love Homer Alaska! I wouldn_t want to live there, it is rather expensive (being small) but it is my favorite place to visit in the summer during _Tourist Season_.

  • I would suggest taking the 7 day cruise. This way you can see all of the ports/cities for the price of one. Most cruises will stop in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Sitka. If you want just on city it depends on what. Juneau (state capital) and Anchorage are the most popular. The others are smaller with a strong Russian theme/culture. I would research them all to see what you would like the most.

    Have Fun
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS