Saturday, October 25, 2008

How old do you have to be to stay at a hotel alone?|109517

I mean, if you were traveling by yourself, how old do you have to be to stay at a hotel? Can a 17 yrs and 8 monthes old stay somewhere alone?

  • Most hotels/motels require that you are 18 years old to stay. Almost every big name hotel will check your ID. Many less expensive motels such as Motel 6, Budget Inn, Super 8, etc. will not even look at your age unless you are 1.) acting like an idiot 2.) acting in a suspicious manner or 3.) you are a cash paying customer. Make a reservation ahead of time as it makes it less likely that you will be asked for ID. Give a credit card upon checking in - even if it is an ATM/Visa. If you pay cash you will be asked for ID which will usually be looked at carefully and typically an additional cash deposit will be required to ensure you don_t destroy the room. Provided the room is in good condition upon check out you will receive the deposit back.

  • i was 13 and i stayed at a hotel for a day but i had my parents permission

  • 18, checking into a motel is a contract. you must be 18 to enter into a contract

  • You can always call and ask the Hotel.

    Personally I can_t remember ever being asked for an ID at a hotel. However I do look older than I am.

  • 18 I_ve been a hotel front office manager for a long time.

  • 18 i am pretty sure

  • HEY!

    THE MAJORITY REQUIRE YOU TO BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD, HOWEVER, SOME ALLOW 18 YEAR OLDS TO CHECK IN.

    THERE ARE ZERO HOTELS THAT WILL ALLOW ANYONE UNDER 18 TO CHECK IN BY THEM SELVES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE A CREDIT CARD.

    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW SOME HOTELS THAT ALLOW 18 YEAR OLDS, E-MAIL ME!

  • You cant be serious.;right?

  • I would think that you would have to be an adult - 18. Otherwise the hotel could have problems if anything happened to you. Call a hotel at random and ask, they_d know best.

    I think I stayed in hotels before I was 18, but I guess it depends on what type of hotel. I doubt a regular one would care. An expensive place would most likely check age/id

  • That would be the big 1-8
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS