Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Should I Wear to the New York Philharmonic?|179314

I am attending one Saturday matinee, and two weekend evening performances. Neither of them are galas. I need some advice for what a girl should wear and what a guy should wear.

  • Girl: Nice dress, nothing puffy though. Stockings, low heels.

    Guy: Suit.

  • I went to the Phoenix Symphony the other night -- I wore a button-up long sleeve shirt with slacks and dress shoes. The women wore simple dresses.

    I don_t know if the NY Philharmonic is more upscale - maybe clothing you would wear to a wedding, or to church? I don_t think a tuxedo would be appropriate...

  • Do you have a lil black dress?? Nothing too glam. A nice simple dress with pretty accessories. I think a up-do will be good. For the guy a nice suit with a different type of shirt not a dress shirt but maybe a nice polo inside?

  • you must be dressed up at all times

  • For the Evening try a simple dress, Black is always good. For a guy, a basic suit is fine.

    For the matinee , its a bit more casual, a sweeter and khakis or Docker Types are OK.

  • a coctail dress in the evening and a decent dress, skirt and blouse or even pants suit in the day time. guy in the day dockers and a blazer, oxford shirt and tie. evening a dark suit , white shirt and tie.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS