Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What city would you prefer to live in San Fran or Chicago and why please?|117785

I love big city living and can_t decide to venture up to San Fran OR go BACK to Chicago.

  • This is a tough choice but here are a few differences to consider:

    1. Chicago has lower costs of housing and cost of living in general. The housing market has been dropping a lot here and prices have fallen quite a bit.

    2. Both have ok job markets, do you have any job offers in either city? Which has better prospects for your career?

    3. San Fran has better weather in general, but they have earthquakes and electrical blackouts and forest fires too. Chicago just has cold and snow.

    4. Where do your family and your friends live? This is always a big part of the decision. A supportive family and friend network can make all the difference in getting settled. Unless you specifically want to be away from family, then that is another story.

    5. Chicago has better public transit, although you may risk your life sometimes to ride it late at night.

  • I guess it depends on what your _into_.

    If you are hetrosexual then come back to Chicago... (We have a VERY SMALL _alt_ community for such a large city)

    If you are homosexual or in to an _alt_ lifestyle then go for SanFran...

    Personally? I will ALWAYS come back to Chicago...

    No matter how long I_m gone... Every time I fly into O_Hare... I just know that I am _Home_.

    I LOVE it here... But I feel free to visit anywhere else! LOL!

  • I for one would go to Chicago because i do not like the hotness of San Francisco. I also want to move to Chicago because it has some major sight seeing i want to see before i die.But it your life not mine so do what you please.

  • I live in the bay (san fran bay). its a great place to live, but its very expensive for housing. beside that the bay is SO Cultured and diverse. close to the ocean, great restaurants, good shopping, and much more

  • San Francisco because not only the city is beautiful, also the surrounding area ! ;-)

  • i would choose san francisco!!! awesome city to stay in.. and im not saying the suburbs.. in downtown san francisco..
    gr8 weather.. awesome nitelife.. u can do ne type of activity ur interested in!

  • san fran is awesome, its pretty, trendy, clean, and theres so much to do.

  • chicago. i have family in chicago and its closer to my immediate family in st louis

  • I think San Francisco becuase people get shot all the time in Chicago

  • San Francisco. Close to the ocean. Good restaurants.

  • San Fransisco..better weather..more to see
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS