Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In CALIFORNIA Can Teachers and Student stay in the same hotel room?|124003

My class is going on their senior trip soon, and our travel agent is trying to give us crap about the teachers and student staying in the same room (and possibly sleeping in the same KING bed). It_s illigal in Oregon but I can_t find anything for California.
Help?

  • If the teacher and student are the same sex it shouldn_t be a problem to share a room but there is a risk in that either one could say that something happened and there would be no way to defend against it. The same bed part is just asking for trouble though, especially if the people are of different sex, even if it isn_t against the law it can still get everyone involved in big trouble. I don_t believe there_s currently a law against it but it could be classified under general inappropriate behavior laws.

  • It has been since the mid 90s since I was under 18, but I know that it was never an issue when i was was in school. In fact I clearly remember a class trip where I shared a room with a teacher.

    This day and age people are so wierd and sensitive that it wouldnt really suprise me if it was true though.

  • I don_t advise it people always freak out about that type of thing (look at Michael Jackson), you should probably keep teachers and students separate. Even if it is legal (I have sared a room with a chaperone (not a teacher), although there were seperate beds.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS