Sunday, April 6, 2008

I may wind up moving to Denver. How long dose it take to acclimate to the mile high altitude.?|175155

I am originally from Dallas, Texas and never lived or visited a high altitude city.

  • I used to live in Dallas - the altitude won_t be your biggest factor. That will take no time. It will be the lack of humidity that will take a LOT of getting used to.

    Now I hated the humidity in Dallas, so I love how dry it is here. But your skin/nose/hair will need quite a while to adjust.

  • It varies. I moved here from the UK and have never once been affected by the altitude. However, my partner moved here from California a few months ago and he stills finds climbing lots of stairs leaves him a bit breathless and he can_t run as far/exercise for as long as he did (and he_s pretty fit). You_ll just have to come here and see - just take it easy and don_t go rushing into anything too strenuous for a few weeks. Oh yes, and drink lots of water!

  • 4 or five days. Just don_t do a lot of running around.It_s not a big adjustment. Drink plenty of water, even if you_re not thirsty.
    It_s very dry here. Also easy on the booze , you can catch a buzz real quick because of the altitude.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS