Sunday, April 13, 2008

At what time do the turtles come out on Laniakea Beach to bask in the sun?|110598

I am trying to plan an intinerary but I want to be at Laniakea when the turtles come out and I do not want to be there too early or to miss them completely. So how soon could I expect to see turtles on the beach?

  • Your best bet is to go early morning or late evening. Also note that the best place to see them is on one the Mokulua islands, which are 2 small sub islands just off the coast of the Lanikai beach. I am a local and I swim out to these islands whenever I visit (one of my favorite beaches by the way). I would recommend that you follow the instructions from the this link
    http://www.sharinghawaii.com/attractions��
    as swimming to them is not the recommended. You can also find maps and driving directions etc from the above link.

  • I can_t find anywhere that says a specific time they come out, just _during daylight hours_ but, since they are reptiles, they need the heat to start their day and to digest their food so I would say the best time would be in the morning and then around 12p - 2p.

    Here are some tips on how to watch the turtles safely:


    http://www.turtles.org/viewingguidelines��

  • I absolutely LOVE turtles! I may have to visit this place too, lol. Check out the Laniakea website. Give my aloha to those wonderful creatures.
    I love the turtle couple on the Comcast tv commercials, too cute!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS