Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Best cities/areas to visit in California for a romantic weekend vacation?|106023

I am thinking about taking my boyfriend on a road trip up the coast. We live in San Diego so I want to head north for a few days. Some places I had in mind where San Fran, Catalina Island, San Simeon, San Luis Obispo. Anyone have any ideas? Oh and any worth wild places to check out, like I was thinking of going Hearst Castle, any other attractions we should stop for? Everyone is giving me a cities to visit but I need attractions too. I want to take him to special places we have never been before.

  • Santa Barbara?

  • Napa Valley in Northern Cali is really nice, and along the coastline in Northern Cal.

  • Hearst Castle is definitely worth the trip; it_s gorgeous, interesting, and full of history. Catalina is ok for a day trip, but i wouldn_t recommend staying overnight; it gets old fast. Santa Barbara is a popular romantic weekend destination; there is beautiful scenery, tons of shopping, and a zoo and art museum.. In San Fran, Fisherman_s Wharf is a wonderful place to visit. There are nice, romantic seafood restaurants with spectacular views of the harbor. There are many trolley car tours of the city to choose from as well. However, as popular as the trip to Alcatraz Island is, I found it quite boring...unless you like walking around an empty stone building with a headset...

    hope this helped, and good luck with planning your romantic weekend!

  • Route 1 up to San Fran would be a great weekend. Don_t miss Monterey (the aquarium there is the best in the world) and Half Moon Bay. Great restaurant there called Moss Beach Distillery.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    >>>

     

    Home Posts RSS Comments RSS